Hi guys! Today we are stepping right into the kitchen. I am going to take you through the preparation of a very simple and delicious dish that is plantain frittata. You are wondering what it is right?
Fritata is an egg based Italian dish similar to omelette which is usually enriched with additional ingredients like meat and vegetables.
The ingredients needed for the dish are:
- 3 medium sized riped plantain.
- 5 eggs.
- 4 Sausages.
- 3 medium sized tomatoes.
- 2 red bell peppers.
- 2 green peppers.
- 1 yellow bell pepper.
- Dry pepper.
- 1 medium sized onion.
- 1 stock cube.
- 1/2 tablespoon of curry.
- 1/2 tablespoon of thyme.
- Vegetable oil
Now we have all our ingredients so let’s start preparing our dish. Wash your hands with soap under running water and wash the vegetables as well.
- Peel and dice plantain into tiny round shapes and sprinkle salt on them. Heat oil in a pan and fry diced plantain till it turns golden brown. Drain plantain from oil and set aside.
- Place an empty pan on fire and add about two tablespoons of cooking oil. Add chopped onions and saute for 1 minute. Add the chopped sausages and stir fry for some minutes, then add the bell peppers and chopped tomatoes. Season with curry,thyme,dry pepper,1 stock cube and a pinch of salt to taste. Leave the mixture on fire for a few minutes.
- Whisk eggs in another bowl and transfer the mixture into it.
- Place an empty pan on fire and coat it with cooking spray, melted butter or cooking oil. Pour the egg mixture into the coated pan and level it. Spread fried plantain round the pan until it takes the shape of the pan.
- After spreading the plantain, add few bell pepper stripes to make it colourful. Cover pan with a lid and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes until it cakes nicely.
- Remove from heat and voila!!! Your Plantain Fritata is ready.